Republican frontrunner Donald Trump quietly met with Fox News host Megyn Kelly on his home turf Wednesday, CNN Money reported, after waging war on the anchor for months.
Fox News boss Roger Ailes brokered the meeting at Trump Tower, an anonymous person with knowledge of the meeting told the news outlet.
A network spokesperson said in a statement provided to TPM Ailes has spoken with Trump multiple times over the past few months about appearing in a special broadcast with Kelly.
Kelly requested the meeting with Trump, the statement also said.
The feud between Trump and Kelly dates back to the first GOP presidential debate hosted by the network last summer, when Kelly pressed the billionaire on his offensive remarks about women.
Since then, Kelly has largely refused to respond to Trump’s attacks. But she said in a recent candid interview that she worries about someone hurting her in front of her children after receiving death threats from Trump supporters.
The network recently added fuel to the fire, slamming Trump for his “sick obsession” with Kelly after the real estate mogul called on his backers to boycott her primetime show.
Here’s the full statement from Fox News:
FOX News Chairman & CEO Roger Ailes has spoken to Donald Trump a few times over the past three months about appearing on a FOX Broadcasting special with Megyn Kelly airing on May 23. Kelly requested a meeting with Mr. Trump, which took place at Trump Tower this morning. The results of that meeting will be revealed on tonight’s Kelly File at 9PM/ET. Kelly has acknowledged in recent interviews that Trump is a fascinating person to cover and has electrified the Republican base.
This story has been updated.