Real estate mogul Donald Trump said Wednesday that he filed his highly-anticipated personal financial disclosure forms with the Federal Election Commission, taking pains to point out that the forms were not designed for someone of his “massive wealth.”
The Republican presidential candidate’s campaign released a statement that put his net worth at “TEN BILLION DOLLARS,” (emphasis the campaign’s):
“This report was not designed for a man of Mr. Trump’s massive wealth.” pic.twitter.com/QFx5ugVZh0
— Adam Smith (@asmith83) July 15, 2015
“This report was not designed for a man of Mr. Trump’s massive wealth,” the statement read. “For instance, they have boxes once a certain number is reached that simply state $50 million or more. Many of these boxes have been checked.”
Just last month, Trump estimated his net worth at about $9 billion when he announced his candidacy. The Wednesday statement from his campaign said that figure was a year old. Forbes currently estimates Trump’s net worth at $4.1 billion.
But the reported increase in Trump’s net worth also came on the heels of some lost business. Several companies, including NBC Universal, Univision, Macy’s and Serta, severed ties with the real estate mogul over comments he made referring to immigrants crossing the border with Mexico as “rapists” and drug dealers. Other entities including NASCAR, ESPN, the PGA of America and mega-chef José Andres also pulled out of events or deals with Trump for that reason.
The business guru’s disclosure forms were not available online from the FEC on Wednesday afternoon. The agency has 30 days to review the forms before making them publicly available.
This post has been updated.