The internal review of sexual harassment allegations, which shook Fox News and led to the ousting of former CEO Roger Ailes, is “winding down,” CNNMoney reported on Thursday.
The ongoing probe, led by New York City law firm Paul, Weiss, has not expanded to investigate the conduct of other Fox News executives, several anonymous sources told the news outlet.
Ailes, who founded the network and built it into a cable news powerhouse, resigned amid swirling allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation. As part of his exit deal, which includes a reported $60 million parachute, both Ailes and 21st Century Fox, the network’s parent company, agreed not to disparage each other, according to the report. That agreement also means the company cannot publicly share the results of the investigation.
Ailes has strenuously denied any wrongdoing. The statement announcing his resignation did not acknowledge the allegations, only praising the outgoing executive for his role in shaping Fox News. Ailes was also instructed not to communicate with any Fox News staffers, an anonymous source who used to be in close contact with Ailes told CNN Money.
Since then, 21st Century Fox executive chairman Rupert Murdoch has stepped in as acting CEO of Fox and promptly taken up the business of calming staffers’ concerns about instability. Murdoch has also scheduled meetings to reassure top Fox News talent, like Bill O’Reilly, CNN reported.