Jeb Bush On Leaked Opposition Memo: ‘I Didn’t See It’ (VIDEO)

|
November 1, 2015 1:01 pm
JOIN TPM FOR JUST $1

Republican presidential candidate and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said in an interview aired Sunday that he hadn’t seen the memo released last week that outlined opposition research against GOP rival Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL).

The 112-page memo called Rubio a “risky bet.”

But Bush said in the interview with NBC News’ “Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd that he had never seen it, but read about it when it was released.

“I didn’t see it. I didn’t see it,” Bush said. “I don’t know.”

Todd asked Bush if the memo was something he wanted his campaign involved with.

“I want them to focus on winning New Hampshire, winning South Carolina, winning Iowa, winning Nevada. That’s our first mission,” Bush replied. “I want to unify the party and I’m focused on that, I’m focused on winning the primary and it’s got to be about me first and foremost.”

Watch his comments:

Comments
Masthead Masthead
Editor & Publisher:
Executive Editor:
Managing Editor:
Senior Editor:
Special Projects Editor:
Investigations Desk:
Reporter:
Senior Newswriters:
Newswriters:
Editor at Large:
General Manager & General Counsel:
Executive Publisher:
Head of Product:
Director of Technology:
Publishing Associate:
Front-End Developer:
Senior Designer: