Lindsey Graham Silent About Discredited ’60 Minutes’ Benghazi Report That He Hyped

AP

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) trumpeted the recent “60 Minutes” piece on last year’s attack in Benghazi perhaps louder than any other Republican, but he’s been mostly silent since CBS News retracted the report on Friday.

After TPM submitted multiple requests for comment, a spokesman for Graham finally responded with an email saying that the senator “will be a guest on CNN State of the Union discussing the latest on Benghazi and the Iranian nuclear program” this Sunday.

Graham has drawn heavy attention to the “60 Minutes” report since it first aired on Oct. 27.

He told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer last week that the report filed by CBS News correspondent Lara Logan proved that “the story told by the administration about what happened in Benghazi doesn’t have an ounce of truth in it.”

Appearing on “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday, Graham said that the discredited witness in the “60 Minutes” report “really does destroy the narrative” on Benghazi.

“Can you imagine if we knew all these things before the election?” Fox host Brian Kilmeade asked Graham during that interview.

“Can you only imagine?” Graham said.

On the heels of the “60 Minutes” report, Graham announced his intention to block every Obama administration appointee until survivors of the Benghazi attack testify before Congress.

 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Tom Kludt is a reporter for Talking Points Memo based in New York City, covering media and national affairs. Originally from South Dakota, Tom joined TPM as an intern in late-2011 and became a staff member during the 2012 election. He can be reached at tom@talkingpointsmemo.com.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK