CNN Cancels Hillary Clinton Documentary After Director Quits

CNN Films canceled a documentary on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton after the film’s director quit the project, a spokesperson told Politico on Monday.

“Charles Ferguson has informed us that he is not moving forward with his documentary about Hillary Clinton,” CNN Worldwide spokesperson Allison Gollust told the publication. “Charles is an Academy Award winning director who CNN Films was excited to be working with, but we understand and respect his decision.”

“[W]e won’t seek other partners and are not proceeding with the film,” she continued.

Ferguson wrote in the Huffington Post that he approached over a hundred people for interviews over the course of making the documentary. After being stonewalled by all but two people who had dealt with Clinton, he wrote that he “couldn’t make a film of which I would be proud.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Catherine Thompson is a senior editor for Talking Points Memo in New York City. She came to the site in 2013 and reported on national affairs. Previously, she worked as a research assistant to investigative reporter Wayne Barrett. She can be reached at catherine@talkingpointsmemo.com.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK