No New Christie Documents Expected Monday

AP

The two state lawmakers leading the New Jersey legislature’s investigation of the George Washington Bridge lane closures said no new documents related to the scandal will be released on Monday.

Twenty people and organizations have been subpoenaed as part of the investigation, and Monday was the deadline to turn over emails, text messages, and other documents related to the lane closures. But almost all the the subpoena recipients asked for more time to comply, and lawmakers have granted extensions to several — although they have not said exactly how many.

“The committee expects today to begin receiving material responsive to its subpoenas, with more responses expected in the near future in a cooperative effort with subpoena recipients,” New Jersey state Sen. Loretta Weinberg (D) and Assemblyman John Wisniewski (D) said in a joint statement. “Numerous extensions have been granted to subpoena recipients, as is typical in such situations.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Eric Lach is a reporter for TPM. From 2010 to 2011, he was a news writer in charge of the website?s front page. He has previously written for The Daily, NewYorker.com, GlobalPost and other publications. He can be reached at ericl@talkingpointsmemo.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK