Mitt Romney Cancels On ‘The View’

Mitt Romney has canceled his appearance on “The View,” set for Thursday, co-host Barbara Walters said during today’s show. He was scheduled to appear with his wife Ann, who will still go on the show. 

Romney campaign press secretary Andrea Saul told TPM: “It was no longer going to work in the campaign schedule but Mrs. Romney is very excited to join the ladies of ‘The View’.”

Walters said on-air she hopes Mitt Romney will change his mind. “It would be our pleasure to have him on the program,” she said.

During Mitt Romney’s “47 percent” comments, the GOP presidential candidate also called the daytime talk show “high-risk, because, of the five women on it, only one is conservative, and four are sharp-tongued and not conservative.”

Via HuffPost.

UPDATE: Walters said on-air she hopes Mitt Romney changes his mind. “It would be our pleasure to have him on the program,” she said.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

David Taintor is a news editor at Talking Points Memo. Previously, he worked at NBC News and Adweek. He's a native of Minnesota. Reach him at taintor@talkingpointsmemo.com.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK