Donald Sterling has mostly kept quiet since TMZ published a recording last month of racist comments he made to his personal assistant.
But the Los Angeles Clippers owner said Friday he has no idea where yet another audio recording came from after it was published by the online gossip site Radar Online.
“What new recording?” a “befuddled” Sterling told the New York Daily News when reached by phone Friday afternoon. “It wasn’t me. I haven’t given one interview.”
The Daily News reporter then explained Radar had published the recording in which Sterling reportedly said he made the original racist remarks to his assistant because he was trying to sleep with her. That prompted Sterling to let out a “let out a huge, dramatic sigh,” according to the newspaper.
“It wasn’t me,” Sterling said. “I haven’t given one interview. Thank you.”
This post has been updated.