Hello TPM members,
This week we saw the House Judiciary Committee receive the impeachment baton from the House Intelligence Committee, and we got a video of world leaders of various ideological stripes giggling together about Trump at a cocktail party.
Next week impeachment hearings resume, and the Department of Justice’s inspector general will release his report on the origins of the investigation in Trump’s 2016 campaign. Watch for leaks this weekend.
Also: we’re getting ready to hand out the Golden Dukes. Give us your nominees!
Here’s what happened in Prime.
- Don’t assume we know all of the facts that Democrats will consider when putting together their articles of impeachment.
- Here are the big questions we still have heading into Monday’s impeachment hearing.
- The Democrats are right to move fast, Josh Marshall writes, even if that means we don’t end up hearing from many of the key participants in Trump’s Ukraine pressure campaign.
- The Trump administration awarded a $400 million border wall-building contract to a Fox News talking head that the President likes.
- Here’s what the shift to the Judiciary Committee meant for the tone of the impeachment probe.
- Did Democratic worries about “electability” do Kamala Harris in?
- Rudy Giuliani sure knows how to time his visits to Ukraine.
- Comparing Rudy Giuliani’s public statements to what was going on behind the scenes yields some pretty remarkable results.
- Josh Marshall wants people to stop saying Trump “doesn’t think he did anything wrong.”
- The pressure campaign is never dead. It’s not even past.