It was the Saturday night massacre that never happened but that was threatened ad infinitum.
House investigators are asking for information related to Trump potentially plotting to fire then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller, as well as a number of other senior DOJ and FBI officials.
The requests also appear to cover “communications by President Trump or anyone acting on his behalf relating to Jeff Sessions’s recusal from any investigation related to the 2016 Presidential campaign,” homing in on whether Trump tried to block Sessions’ recusal from the Russia probe or the release of ethics opinions written about the issue.
House investigators are interested in the following witnesses and entities:
- Former chief of staff to Don McGahn Annie Donaldson
- Former White House Counsel Don McGahn
- Donald Trump Jr., presidential son and Trump Org executive
- Eric Trump, son of the president and Trump Org executive
- Hope Hicks, former Trump campaign press secretary and White House communications adviser
- Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and White House adviser
- Jay Sekulow, personal attorney to President Trump
- Tom Bossert, lawyer and former Trump Homeland Security Advisor
- Jeff Sessions, former attorney general
- KT McFarland, former Fox News talking head and former deputy to Michael Flynn on the National Security Council
- Steve Bannon, former Trump 2016 CEO and White House chief strategist. Ex-vice-president of the board of Cambridge Analytica
- Michael Cohen, former personal attorney and fixer for President Trump
- The White House