A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf (D) says he is furious over state Sen. Doug Mastriano (R) taking a leaf out of Arizona Republicans’ playbook by initiating a phony “forensic investigation” of the 2020 election results in several Pennsylvania counties.
- Wolf tweeted: “Six months after he was at the U.S. Capitol insurrection, one of our lawmakers is attempting to launch a sham election audit in PA. This is a disgrace to democracy — not to mention a profound waste of time and taxpayer money. I won’t stand for it.”
Slowly Picking Up The Pieces Of Jan. 6
The 8-foot-tall metal fence surrounding Capitol grounds will start being taken down today.
Protect And Serve
Two Seattle police officers who were at the Capitol insurrection broke the law and ought to be fired, the police department’s watchdogs found after finishing its investigation.
“Unvaccinated hospitalized patients say they regret not getting the shot” – NBC News
Fox Gonna Fox
Tucker Carlson calls @kenklippenstein "some stooge at the Intercept, some joke billionaire-funded website" because Ken knows how to file a good FOIA request and his producer doesn't. pic.twitter.com/syen0JjrjA
— Justin Baragona (@justinbaragona) July 9, 2021
Facts Don’t Care About Your Feelings
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D) office mocked Trump as a “twice-impeached Florida retiree” in its statement on the ex-president defending the violent mob of his supporters who attacked the Capitol.
In Rudy News
Law license-free Rudy Giuliani’s fundraising page for his mounting legal fees seems to have vanished.
- The mysterious disappearance came after the ex-Trump lawyer, whose client fully left him in the dust, raised less than $10,000 for a fund that had a goal of $5 million.
Pen And A Phone
A new Biden executive order slated to be signed Friday includes dozens of initiatives to encourage competition across the American economy, according to a White House fact sheet released this morning.
- Among them is a provision encouraging the Federal Communications Commission to restore net neutrality rules adopted under the Obama administration and scrapped by Trump.
Bolsonaro Gives Trump A Run For His Money
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro threatened to cancel the country’s 2022 elections on the basis of — you guessed it — election fraud
- In his words: “Either we do clean elections in Brazil, or we don’t do elections at all.”
Away To The Dog House With You
Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg, freshly indicted for tax fraud along with the Trump Organization itself, got terminated as the director of one of Trump’s golf courses in Scotland.
Haitian President’s Assassination
Two Americans were among those arrested for alleged involvement in the killing of Haitian President Jovenel Moïse.
Eric Adams dined this evening at Rao’s with John Catsimatidis and Bo Dietl pic.twitter.com/bV0LPiPQc5
— David Freedlander (@freedlander) July 9, 2021
Looking Ahead At The COVID-19 Vaccine
Pfizer is seeking FDA’s approval for a third COVID-19 shot as a booster for the virus and potentially protection against the new Delta variant.
PSA Of The Day
If you tweet sarcasm at us, but make a typo, so you delete the original tweet and follow up with a second tweet that has perfect grammar, just know we deeply respect that effort. Also, check your smoke alarm batteries.
— US Consumer Product Safety Commission (@USCPSC) July 8, 2021
Facts Don’t Care About Your Feelings, Pt. II
The Value In Electing Women PAC, a top political action committee for GOP women, wants nothing to do with professional shitflingers Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Lauren Boebert (R-CO) and has made them the “intentional exception” to its fundraising efforts.
- The PAC executive director described Greene and Boebert as “shameless self-promoters and carnival barkers.” “While we rightfully celebrate the number of GOP women serving in the House, I’ve always professed quality over quantity,” she told Insider. “The work of Congress is not a joke or reality show. Our women have fought too hard for too long to be respected and taken seriously as legislators, policy makers and thought leaders.”
Are there things that are happening that you want to see in tomorrow’s Morning Memo? Send us the things.