4,300 Lose Medicaid Coverage In Arkansas Over New Work Requirement

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — More than 4,300 people who were on Arkansas’ expanded Medicaid rolls have lost coverage because they didn’t comply with a new work requirement, making them the first to get kicked off the program under the rule.

The Arkansas Department of Human Services on Wednesday said another 5,000 people on the program will lose coverage if they don’t meet the work requirement by the end of this month.

Arkansas was the first state to enforce the requirement after the Trump administration said it would allow states to tie Medicaid coverage to work. Under the requirement, beneficiaries must report at least 80 hours of work each month for three months in a year.

The state says more than 62,000 people were subject to the requirement last month.

Comments
Masthead Masthead
Editor & Publisher:
Managing Editor:
Senior News Editor:
Assistant Editor:
Editor at Large:
Investigations Desk:
Senior Political Correspondent:
Reporters:
Newswriters:
Front Page Editor:
Social Media Editor:
Editor for Prime & Special Projects:
General Manager & General Counsel:
Executive Publisher:
Head of Product:
Director of Technology:
Publishing Associate:
Front-End Developer:
Designer: