Former Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) is sticking with Fox News.
On Wednesday Brown pushed back on reports that he had ended his contract with the channel.
“It is incorrect,” Brown said according to The Washington Post on Wednesday. Brown’s comments were in response to reports that the former Massachusetts senator “is currently out of contract with the network.”
Around noon on Wednesday Fox News Executive Vice President Bill Shine told The Post that Brown had renewed his contract with Fox.
“Sen. Brown has renewed his contributor agreement with Fox News,” Shine said in a statement. “The previous yearlong agreement expired on Feb. 11 and was never terminated — this was purely administrative. We look forward to his continuing political analysis and insight across the network.”
Brown had been a Fox News contributor for the network. He has been a contributor since February 2013.
News that Brown had ended his contract with the network was initially seen as more evidence that he was finally gearing up to jump into the New Hampshire Senate race in the hopes of beating Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH). Candidates must cut ties with media networks and other outlets if they run for office.
Brown has taken a few major steps that suggest he’s running for Senate again in New Hampshire. In December he announced that he was moving to the state as a “personal choice.” He also overhauled his old campaign website which now looks a lot like a site for someone preparing to announce a run for office.