Donald Trump made his thoughts on the Iraq War very clear on Tuesday with a tweet knocking potential presidential candidates who struggled to say whether they would have invaded Iraq given what they know now.
If any candidate believes that with what we know today we still should have invaded Iraq then they are unqualified to be Commander-in-Chief.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 26, 2015
Earlier in May, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) stumbled when asked whether he would have invaded Iraq given what he knows now. Though he initially said he would have authorized the invasion, he later backtracked and said he “would not have gone into Iraq.” His difficulty answering the question prompted other 2016 hopefuls to weigh in on the Iraq War.
Last week, Trump said that he would not have invaded Iraq given what he knows now.
“We shouldn’t have been there, and once we were there, we probably should have stayed,” he told “Fox and Friends.”