Even by President Donald Trump’s standards, his Tuesday speech at an NRCC event was completely off the rails.
Here are the most bonkers tangents he traversed during the one-hour and twenty-eight minute barrage.
1) In an undemocratic turn, he urged Republicans to be “more paranoid” about vote tallies, especially when Democrats win.
“Hey, you gotta be a little bit more paranoid than you are. We have to be a little bit careful, because I don’t like the way the votes are being tallied,” Trump said. “I don’t like it, and you don’t like it either. You just don’t want to say it because you’re afraid of the press. You’re afraid of the press.”
2) He implied that Sen. Bernie Sanders’ (I-VT) people are behind the accusations that have recently surfaced against former Vice President Joe Biden, as now four women have said that Biden was too touchy and invaded their personal spaces.
“The socialists are really taking care of him,” Trump said. “Our former vice president, I don’t know him well — I was going to say welcome to the world, Joe. You having a good time, Joe?”
3) Bizarrely, he said that the noise from wind turbines causes cancer (it does not).
“They say the noise causes cancer,” he said of wind farms.
4) As per usual, Trump demonstrated his affinity for jumping up and down on Republicans’ failure to repeal Obamacare, still clearly sore at the members of his party (read: the late Sen. John McCain) who had a hand (or thumb) in its defeat.
“We’re going to come up with a health care plan. We’re not going to vote on it until after the election, we’ll all promise it’s going to be our first vote,” he said. “Because we blew it. Man, I was fed a bill of goods, I want to tell you. Some of you I’m still a little angry, but not all of you.”
5) The former reality TV star seemed to have a basic misunderstanding of the logistics of his speech:
“Someone’s gonna leak this whole damn speech to the media,” he bemoaned…into the C-SPAN cameras.