The Senate Judiciary Committee hearings into the prosecutor purge scandal aren’t over yet — not by a long shot. About two weeks ago we learned that former Kansas City U.S. Attorney Todd Graves, who gave up his post last year, was the ninth prosecutor to have been purged.
Early next month, Graves will get a chance to share his story. (thanks to reader V.S.)
Former U.S. Attorney Todd Graves will tell his story to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Graves said Friday he would testify about his removal from the Western District of Missouri post on June 5, after Congress returns from its Memorial Day recess.
“I’m proud of my record as a prosecutor, and I will not be bashful in telling them what little I know about the current mess at the Department of Justice,” Graves said in a statement.
He’s expected to testify the same day as the man who replaced him, Brad Schlozman, who has returned to the Justice Department in Washington.
Circle the day on the calendar; it’s bound to be a good one.
First question for Graves: On May 8, you released a statement saying it was better to resign and “take a graceful exit than to do something that you should be ashamed of.” Who wanted you to do something shameful? Might it have something to do with dubious voter fraud indictments?