WASHINGTON (AP) — In a major reversal, the Obama administration says it will not allow oil drillingin the Atlantic Ocean.
Interior Secretary Sally Jewell made the announcement Tuesday on Twitter, declaring that the administration’s next five-year offshore drilling plan “protects the Atlantic for future generations.”
The announcement reverses a proposal made last year in which the administration floated a plan that would have opened up a broad swath of the Atlantic Coast to drilling. The January 2015 proposal would have opened up sites more than 50 miles off Virginia, North and South Carolina and Georgia to oil drilling no earlier than 2021.
The Interior Department said the latest decision responds to strong local opposition and conflicts with competing commercial and military ocean uses.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
I love you Mr.President. I can’t wait until we have our nominee so you can hit the campaign trail. You can tell he’s just itching to get into the mix. He will be our best campaigner in chief. He and Elizabeth Waren are going to kick ass.
Right the fuck on! I live at the beach in Florida…and I don’t want that shit on the sand.
Whoooaaa ! ! … Yeeaaaaaa ! …
But what about the business interest GOP ? ? … Poor SOB’s …
Like they don’t already have enough to concern themselves with this election ? ?
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ----
That ought to loosen up some dark money. Let’s hope it has less effect on this election than on the last.