They've got muck; we've got rakes. TPM Muckraker
The documents Chris took from CAIR are the basis for the new book, which has been seized on by four House Republicans to [call for](http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/10/gop_uses_work_of_intern_spy_to_accuse_muslim_group.php) a probe into whether the group planted Muslim "intern spies" on key national security committees.
Keep in mind that Rep. Sue Myrick (R-NC) actually wrote the foreward for the book, warning that "We Americans must wake up before it is too late!"
Here's the lowdown on Gaubatz:
* He referred to "our Muslim leader" Barack Obama on his blog last year.
* He has claimed that he personally found sites with Iraqi weapons of mass destruction when he was an agent with the Air Force's Office of Special Investigations in 2003. But the Syrians beat us to the punch on excavating the sites, Gaubatz claims, and the U.S. government suppressed the information to avoid the "explosive revelation of their own lethal incompetence."
* Just yesterday he [wondered](http://dgaubatz.blogspot.com/2009/10/help-raise-25000-in-5-days-to-legally.html) about Congress' two Muslim representatives, "How much information do we have on Carson and Congressman Keith Ellison?"
* [According](http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2007/04/21/wmd_conspiracy/index.html) to Glenn Greenwald, Gaubatz in 2007 was focusing his time on creating "a comprehensive map of every mosque and Islamic school in the U.S" in order to determine which ones were preaching "Islamic law." The Web site that explained that project has since been made private.
* He said in September 2008 on a now scrubbed blog post at www.jihadishere.blogspot.com that: "We are now on the verge of allowing a self admitted 'crack-head' to have his finger on every nuclear weapon in America."
* He apparently has a history of faking conversions to Islam as part of his investigations.
Also via Greenwald is this line from Myrick in 2003 that may explain a lot about why she contributed to the book and is at the [vanguard](http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/10/rep_myrick_continues_wnd_book-based_anti-cair_camp.php) of the campaign to root out Muslim "intern spies":
In remarks about domestic security threats, Rep. Sue Myrick of Charlotte said, "Look at who runs all the convenience stores across the country."