The Monroe County Sheriff's Office said John Cassata, 70, accidentally fired the handgun when he took it out to show friends.
Ellen Smith, who said she was sitting a few tables away from Cassata when the gun went off, told WHAM she ran over to help him. Cassata went into shock after the bullet went through his hand and leg, Smith said, ultimately hitting his friend's foot.
"I don't know what people are thinking when they carry a pistol into a family restaurant," Smith told WHAM. "There was a family right next to him with a small baby, maybe two months old and a toddler."
No charges have been filed, according to the sheriff's office.