HealthCare.gov Asks Frustrated Users To Try Again

The Obama administration started Monday to reach out to HealthCare.gov users who were stymied by the website’s problems during its early days, asking them to come back and start over the process.

The administration will email approximately 275,000 users who got “stuck” during the account creation process, Julie Bataille, a spokeswoman for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, told reporters. The email will be sent in waves, with the first one going out Monday.

The email will “invite individuals back into the system and tell them that their experience will be a positive one,” Bataille said.

According to CMS, the agency has been conducting “monitoring and analysis activities … to identify consumers who may have been unsuccessful in creating accounts through some of the technical inconsistencies.” Those are the people who will be receiving emails this week.

In a blog post published Monday, Bataille explained that users were experiencing fewer problems with the account creation step — which had been a significant roadblock during the website’s troubled launch.

“Our ongoing monitoring shows that the system is stable with users moving more quickly through it with fewer errors,” she wrote.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK