1. Firearms are awesome. And you really need to protect your Second Amendment rights. Probably above anything else.
2. Black people complain too much. And I really wish they'd put a sock in it.
3. The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice. And to keep it bending, we need the death penalty.
4. Without freedom from federally regulated, affordable health care insurance, no other freedoms are possible.
5. Giving the African slaves firearms on disembarkation to America might have made the whole slavery story different.
Okay, that's all I got from a few minutes of thinking about the last few days of news. But I feel like there are dozens. And I want to come up with the canonical Top Ten Teachings list. So sending me your examples.