This year's categories are:
1. Best Scandal -- General Interest
2. Best Scandal -- Sex and Generalized Carnality
3. Best Scandal -- Local Venue
4. Meritorious Achievement in The Crazy
5. Outstanding Achievement In Corruption-based Chutzpah
6. The Year In Derp
7. Best Scandal By A Non-Politician
But these awards would be meaningless without your participation -- honestly, you come up with better nominations than sometimes even we could. How can you participate?
Email talk (at) talkingpointsmemo.com with your nominations no later than Monday, Dec. 16, identifying the person you're nominating and make your case in no more than 250 words for why he or she deserves a place in the esteemed pantheon of Golden Dukes winners. You must be a living, breathing, blessedly ridiculous or corrupt person to be eligible for the award -- parties, issues, groups, etc. are not eligible. Nominees have to be specific, real persons.
On Thursday, Dec. 19 we'll announce the nominees. Then they're off to our esteemed panel of judges. The final awards will be named on Friday, Dec. 27.*
Happy scandal hunting!
*The post originally said we'd be announcing on the 30th.