Hello TPM Members, and welcome to the weekend.
We heard from Mueller this week, though we didn’t hear much.
Looking ahead to next week, we’ve got another two-day, 20-candidate round of Democratic debates.
Here’s what happened at Prime:
- The TPM team liveblogged its reactions to Mueller’s day on the Hill.
- Tierney Sneed was in the room, and writes about the chaos as the event got underway. In the afternoon, she writes, the mood shifted.
- Josh’s four takeaways from Mueller’s testimony.
- “A year ago, I saw cauliflower rice in the grocery store — I’d never heard of it before,” an Arkansas state representative told Kate Riga. “Well, I looked at the back and saw that it’s not rice at all, it’s cauliflower. I thought, there ought to be law against that.”
- Democratic senators sure have ominous things to say about the 2020 election hacking threat.
- To understand Nunes’ questions for Mueller, you have to watch as much Fox News as Trump.
- There’s really zero justification for the Electoral College, Josh writes.
- TPM Managing Editor David Kurtz took over our Instagram account on Mueller day.
- A recent decision by an appellate court panel holds bad news for House Democrats.
- It turns out you may be able to avoid deportation as an asylum seeker just by being a member at Mar-a-Lago.
- Supreme Court Justice Elana Kagan, who wrote a blistering dissent to the court’s partisan gerrymandering decision last month, said she would never “become accepting of” that ruling.
- Josh questions whether full embrace of “Medicare for All” is wise for Democrats’ 2020 candidate.