Fort Bragg Says Civilian Staffer Posted Explicit Tweets On Official Account By Mistake

(Photo by Logan Mock-Bunting/Getty Images)
|
October 22, 2020 3:45 p.m.

A civilian employee was responsible for the lewd tweets posted on the Fort Bragg military base’s official Twitter account on Wednesday, according to Col. Joe Buccino, the public affairs officer for the XVIII Airborne Corps.

Buccino told TPM over the phone that the employee, who was one of three people who had access to the account, told investigators that he had sent the tweets by accident. The XVIII Airborne Corps had previously announced that the account was “hacked.”

The base subsequently closed its investigation after the staffer came forward, and there will be a “less formal inquiry into appropriate measures” to address the incident, according to Buccino.

He also said that the Twitter account, which was temporarily deactivated shortly after the tweets were posted, will be turned back on in approximately one week to 30 days.

On Wednesday afternoon, the account set off a firestorm when it responded to a sex worker’s tweets with decidedly graphic comments:

The sex worker, who goes by Quinn Finite, cheered on the mishap.

“Normalize horny tweeting from US army forts,” she tweeted.

Finite also pounced on a business opportunity by offering a 50% military discount on her content on OnlyFans.

Latest News
Comments
Masthead Masthead
Founder & Editor-in-Chief:
Executive Editor:
Managing Editor:
Senior Editor:
Special Projects Editor:
Editor at Large:
General Counsel:
Publisher:
Head of Product:
Director of Technology:
Associate Publisher:
Front-End Developer:
Senior Designer:
SPECIAL DEAL FOR PAST TPM MEMBERS
40% OFF AN ANNUAL PRIME MEMBERSHIP
REJOIN FOR JUST $30