Dominion Voting Systems CEO John Poulos on Thursday signaled that legal action against President Trump is possible as the election vendor has become a target of Trump and his supporters’ bogus allegations about the election being stolen.
During an interview on CNN Thursday morning, Poulos said that the company plans to sue several individuals who’ve been “promoting lies and amplifying those lies” on various media platforms since Election Day.
Following President-elect Joe Biden’s projected victory last month, Trump and those in his inner circle have waged unfounded claims of Dominion’s voting machines being manipulated. The Trumpworld’s bogus allegations against Dominion include unsubstantiated claims of the company’s machines switching Trump votes to Biden, or deleting votes for Trump.
When asked whether Dominion will sue Trump himself, Poulos seemed to not rule out the possibility by saying that Dominion will “be looking into absolutely everybody that has made, and repeated, and amplified false statements that have been defamatory and damaging to our company and to our election.”
Asked again on whether lawsuits will involve Trump, Poulos stressed “we will not be overlooking anybody.”
Hours after Poulos’ interview on CNN, the network reported that lawyers representing Dominion issued letters earlier this week to conservative media personalities, the White House and Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani that warned of “imminent” legal action in response to their baseless claims about the company.
The lawyers sent the letters to Fox News hosts Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity; right wing media personality Rush Limbaugh; the heads of Newsmax, OAN, Fox News, the Epoch Times; lawyer Lin Wood, and others.
On Tuesday, lawyers representing Dominion issued letters to White House counsel Pat Cipollone and Giuliani asking them to preserve all records related to the company. Giuliani was warned that legal action is “imminent.”
Dominion’s director of product strategy and security, Eric Coomer, on Tuesday also sued the Trump campaign, Giuliani, Powell and a handful of right-wing media outlets and figures for defamation in a separate lawsuit.
Coomer told CNN that the baseless allegations against Dominion have led to a “complete upheaval of my life” and that he is “in hiding because I have received many death threats and it’s on a continuing basis.”
Watch Poulos’ remarks below:
"We will be looking into absolutely everybody that has… made and repeated and amplified false statements that have been defamatory and damaging to our company and to our election."
— New Day (@NewDay) December 24, 2020