WATCH: Cosby Asks AP To ‘Scuttle’ His Response To Rape Allegations

|
November 20, 2014 6:52 a.m.

Newly released video from the Associated Press shows actor Bill Cosby responding for the first time to renewed allegations that he raped more than a dozen women.

The AP published the video, which was filmed on Nov. 6, on Wednesday night. The news outlet said it decided to publish the video after another woman, supermodel Janice Dickinson, came forward to accuse Cosby of rape and NBC scrapped the actor’s planned planned sitcom.

“I have to ask about your name coming up in the news lately, regarding this comedian,” the interviewer asked, referring to comedian Hannibal Buress, who called Cosby a rapist on stage.

“No, no, we don’t answer that,” Cosby responded.

The interviewer pressed Cosby on the issue a couple more times before the comedian interrupted.

“There is no comment about that,” Cosby said. “And I tell you why. I think you were told — and I don’t want to compromise your integrity — but I don’t talk about it.”

At the end of the interview, Cosby, who was still wearing a microphone, asked the interviewer to make sure that none of his comments on the rape allegations would be published. The interviewer said he couldn’t make those promises.

“I would appreciate it if it was scuttled,” Cosby said.

“I think if you want to consider yourself to be serious, that it will not appear anywhere,” he then told the reporter.

Cosby had been asked about the rape allegations directly in an interview with NPR that aired Saturday. He said nothing in response.

Watch below:

Latest Livewire
Comments
Masthead Masthead
Founder & Editor-in-Chief:
Executive Editor:
Managing Editor:
Senior Editor:
Special Projects Editor:
Editor at Large:
General Counsel:
Publisher:
Head of Product:
Director of Technology:
Associate Publisher:
Front-End Developer:
Senior Designer:
SPECIAL DEAL FOR PAST TPM MEMBERS
40% OFF AN ANNUAL PRIME MEMBERSHIP
REJOIN FOR JUST $30