Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Thursday blasted news outlets, including Fox News, for the way they treated his presidential candidacy and for coverage he said contributed to the rise of presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump.
Conservative Houston radio host Michael Berry brought up comments Cruz made shortly before suspending his campaign about Fox News fueling Trump’s rise, asking if Cruz felt he’d been treated unfairly by the network. Cruz didn’t put the blame solely on Fox News, saying that everyone who contributed will deal with the consequences moving forward. But made the point that some in the media “played a disproportionate role.”
“Well, listen, there’s time for recriminations,” Cruz said. “Everyone who was responsible for the rise of Donald Trump, they will bear that responsibility going forward. But there were more than a few players who played a disproportionate role in that rise.”
Cruz also charged the media with incorrectly predicting the death of the conservative movement. He declined to say if whether he’d be speaking at the Republican National Convention this July in Cleveland.
This isn’t the first time Cruz has taken a shot at Fox, as he previously blasted the network for accusing him of jockeying for delegates.
Recently, a Fox News anchor also expressed regret that he didn’t press Trump harder on comments he made pushing a tabloid story linking Cruz’s father to President John F. Kennedy’s assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald.
Listen to the full interview below: