The deputy mayor of Paris told CNN Wednesday afternoon that officials have identified three suspects in the deadly attack on the office of French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.
According to Deputy Mayor Patrick Klugman, the suspects are ages 34, 32, and 18, and two of them are brothers.
CNN did not confirm the names of the suspects, but the Associated Press published names provided by two anonymous French law enforcement officials.
According to the AP, the two brothers are Said Kouachi and Cherif Kouachi, both of whom are French nationals. Officials did not know the nationality of the third suspect, 18-year-old Hamyd Mourad.
The Telegraph also reported the names of the three suspects, which were the same as reported by the AP.
Klugman initially told CNN that all three suspects “may have been arrested,” but then said that no arrests had been made.
— Jim Sciutto (@jimsciutto) January 7, 2015
On Wednesday morning, three gunmen opened fire at the headquarters of Charlie Hebdo, killing 12 people and injuring 11 others.
According to witnesses, the shooters yelled “Allahu Akbar” and “We’ve taken revenge against the prophet” during the attack. Officials have described the shooting as a terrorist attack.