Burnt Mac And Cheese Forces Iowa Capitol Building To Evacuate

New!
Start your day with TPM.
Sign up for the Morning Memo newsletter

A container of Kraft “Easy Mac” that was left in the microwave for too long and burned forced an evacuation of the Iowa Capitol on Monday, the Des Moines Register newspaper reported.

According to the Register, Secretary of the Senate Michael Marshall said the smoke alarm went off at about 11 a.m. after smoke poured out of a microwave located behind the Senate chamber.

Lawmakers were allowed back into the building after the source of the smoke was determined and the issue resolved.

Below is a photo of the burnt mac and cheese that was tweeted by a reporter from the Des Moines Register:

h/t The Hill

Latest Livewire
Comments
Masthead Masthead
Founder & Editor-in-Chief:
Executive Editor:
Managing Editor:
Associate Editor:
Editor at Large:
General Counsel:
Publisher:
Head of Product:
Director of Technology:
Associate Publisher:
Front End Developer:
Senior Designer: