GOP Former NH AG: Claims Of Illegal Voting Are ‘Not Connected To Reality’

AP

The former attorney general of New Hampshire, Republican Tom Rath, on Monday knocked down the White House’s claims of voter fraud in the 2016 election.

President Donald Trump reportedly made the claim to senators on Thursday that thousands of illegal voters in New Hampshire had lost both him the state and former Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) her re-election. On Sunday, White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller argued the claim on Sunday shows, saying that the phenomenon of busing voters into the state “is widely known by anyone who’s worked in New Hampshire politics.”

“Well, I think if you’re going to make allegations of wrongdoing particularly about something like an election that goes to the core of our democracy, you have an obligation to be truthful and forthright and have a factual basis for the allegations that you’re making,” Rath said in an interview on CNN Monday.

“In this case, the comments I saw from Mr. Miller yesterday are not connected to reality,” he said. “They did not happen, and I think people should stop talking about it unless they have a factual basis. That did not happen. People were not bussed in here illegally to vote. That did not happen.”

Rath had previously responded to the claims Sunday on his Twitter page:


In November, Trump claimed on Twitter that “millions” of illegal votes had cost him the nation-wide popular vote, including in New Hampshire:

Watch the exchange below via CNN: