Boston Police Say No Suspect In Custody

At a press conference Monday night, Boston police commissioner Edward Davis refuted reports that a suspect in Monday’s Boston Marathon bombing was at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. 

“I want to stress one thing,” Davis said. “There is no suspect at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. There are people that we are talking to but there is no suspect at Brigham and Women’s Hospital as has been widely reported in the press. I would like to fix that right now.”

Asked later in the press conference if a “person of interest” had been identified, Richard DesLauriers, the special agent in charge of the FBI’s Boston division, declined to answer.

“I’m going to comment on specific investigative leads,” DesLauriers said.

“This is a very powerful blast with serious injuries,” he later added.

1
Show Comments