Earlier this morning we published this story about how AIPAC had invited Steve Emerson to this year’s conference even after he’d gotten in all the trouble a few weeks ago for his bogus claims about Birmingham, England (“totally Muslim”) and no-go zones in Paris – statements which led the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom to call him an “idiot” and which he himself later apologized for. The piece triggered a blizzard of amazing emails from Emerson in which “challenge[d]” us to publish the questions below and which I am actually eager to publish.
I’ve used bold to add emphasis to the good parts.
You won’t want to miss this.
Dear Mr. Brendan:
As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
My response to TPM.
I had accepted the invitation to speak at the AIPAC conference late last year and was planning to speak until I had to voluntarily pull out last week in order take care of an unexpected medical problem that required my immediate attention. No, sorry to disappoint the rooting squad at TPM, no connection here as you suggest and no conspiracy. But thank you for your concern.
My questions to TPM, which I challenge to you to print since you call yourself a journalistic organization.
1. How is it that TPM has never called me or my organization for more than 15 years about all the news we disclosed on major stories concerning radical Islamic terrorism? (Just go towww.investigativeproject.org )
2. How come TPM has never done a story about the secret but documented origins of “Hamas front groups” like CAIR (not my description but that of the FBI, which still maintains an embargo on the group because of suspected ties to Hamas) which we have revealed has been promoted, paid by, sent as emissaries or in other ways legitimized by the White House, DHS, DOJ, and the State Department
3. Has TPM secretly taken materials from CAIR as part of a explicit agreement to advance CAIR’s agenda? (Don’t worry, perjury can only be invoked when you are under oath)
4. How come TPM never did a story revealing the secret documents and undercover recordings in our last documentary on radical Islamic groups in the US? (It was called “The Grand Deception” and btw, you can still do a story: go to www.granddeception.com)
5. When are you going to stop harassing me?
With Best Wishes