A UN official in northern Iraq is claiming that ISIS has ordered female genital mutilation for all women in Mosul between the ages of 14 and 46. But others are disputing the veracity of her claim or suggesting that she was unwittingly passed on a false claim. The current Middle East is a mix of horrific developments and agitprop and hoaxes aimed at inflaming various audiences in the region and the West. The fact that it is a UN official making the claim gives it weight. But it makes sense to treat this as yet as unconfirmed.
Is This Real?
By | July 24, 2014 11:45 am
- Sign of the Trump Times 4 hours ago
- This One Is Big 9 hours ago
- Bannon in the Chair 18 hours ago
- Never Before 2 hours ago
- Our Calendar for Jan. 18, 2018 9 hours ago
- The White House’s Awkward Spot With Steve Bannon 1 day ago
- Our Calendar for Jan. 17, 2018 1 day ago
- Was Keith Schiller Trump’s Tryst-Meister? 2 days ago
- Hicks May Be a Bigger Deal Than Bannon 2 days ago
- Our Calendar for Jan. 16, 2018 2 days ago
- Making Sense of Texas’ Latest Gerrymandering News 6 days ago
- The Pay Off to Stormy Daniels Likely the Tip of the Iceberg 6 days ago