TPM Reader RR is skeptical of the latest Palin leaks …
I find all this kind of amusing, but I’m skeptical of the veracity of some of these charges. Here’s why:
1. The obvious point that in a losing campaign, many folks will try to throw blame around and hope none of it’s stink gets on them;
2. Even with Mrs. Pale-in-Comparison being galactically uninformed and generally ditzy, it’s hard to believe she thought the whole of Africa was one country or that South Africa was in fact a country and not a region; and
3. These guys in the McCain camp (whatever faction of it) have been unabashedly lying each and every day for months now, and feverishly projecting their own failures and shortcomings onto their adversary.
Why the hell should anyone believe them now?
It all amounts to good entertainment, in a macabre, schadenfreudey way, but really the woman has no real future in national politics, no matter what the Limbaugh/Hannity/Perkins wing of the GOP says. A Palin 2012 shot will be a repeat of Rudy 2008.
As a big of an ignoramus as Palin clearly is, and as big a liar, I’m more than a little skeptical myself.
- Contributions allow us to hire more journalists
- Contributions allow us to provide free memberships to those who cannot afford them
- Contributions support independent, non-corporate journalism