Issa wrote that Holder had "made numerous statements about Fast and Furious that have eventually been proven to be untrue."
"Your lack of trustworthiness while speaking about Fast and Furious has called into question your overall credibility as Attorney General," Issa said. "The time for deflecting blame and obstructing our investigation is over. The time has come for you to come clean to the American public about what you knew about Fast and Furious, when you knew it, and who is going to be held accountable for failing to shut down a program that has already had deadly consequences, and will likely cause more casualties for years to come."
There's been no evidence so far that Holder was ever told about the controversial gun "walking" practice that occurred in Fast and Furious (just as it had in a similar Bush-era ATF program) before whistleblowers came forward in the beginning of 2011. Holder's letter pointed out that Issa too had been briefed about Fast and Furious before the allegations about the controversial tactics emerged.
There's not evidence that Issa was told about the controversial tactics either. Issa downplayed that fact that he was briefed about Fast and Furious when he appeared on Fox News Sunday.
"The interesting thing is he's quoting a story he planted, that the Justice shopped around to the newspapers," Issa said.
Issa's letter here. Issa's appearance on Fox embedded below.