Hillary Clinton On Libya Attack: ‘I Take Responsibility’

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday told CNN she takes responsibility for the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other American diplomats.

“I take responsibility,” Clinton said. “I’m in charge of the State Department’s 60,000-plus people all over the world, 275 posts. The president and the vice president wouldn’t be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals. They’re the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision.”

Clinton was responding to a question of whether the White House wrongfully placed the blame for the attacks on her and the State Department. 

Watch the video:

 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

David Taintor is a news editor at Talking Points Memo. Previously, he worked at NBC News and Adweek. He’s a native of Minnesota. Reach him at taintor@talkingpointsmemo.com.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK