The comment came during Christie's regular "Ask the Governor" radio program on WKXW. According to the Star-Ledger, Christie also made an apparent reference to his recent town hall events, where he took questions from the public and where no questions have come up about the bridge scandal.
“You folks are the only folks at the moment who are asking me about this,” Christie told host Eric Scott
The lane closures, which in September caused a massive traffic jam in Fort Lee, N.J., have prompted multiple investigations currently underway, including one being conducted by the U.S. Attorney's Office in New Jersey. Documents released last month by state lawmakers included an email -- "Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee" -- sent Aug. 13 by Kelly, who was then serving as Christie's deputy chief of staff, to the former Port Authority of New York and New Jersey executive who then oversaw the closures.
During the interview Wednesday, Christie also said that the findings of an internal investigation into the scandal being conducted by his office will eventually be released to the public.
“We’re going through an internal investigation, all of this stuff will come out over the appropriate period of time,” Christie said. “And I’m not going to give it to the hysteria of questions that are given by folks who have information today that I didn’t have at the time.”
Read the rest here.