Since Nikki Haley announced she would leave her coveted post as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations by the end of the year, speculation over who President Trump will tap to replace her has swelled.
Before the midterms, aides advised him to pick a woman, for optics. But it appears Trump is veering from that counsel.
Here’s a list of names Trump has reportedly considered after Dina Powell, a former deputy national security advisor and current Goldman Sachs executive, rejected the offer. She was reportedly Trump’s top pick at the time.
Read More →
- John James, a Michigan businessman who launched an unsuccessful bid to unseat Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
- Heather Nauert, ex-Fox News reporter and current Justice Department spokeswoman
- U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell
- his daughter, Ivanka Trump
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
- Jamie McCourt, the U.S. ambassador to France
- Nancy Brinker, founder of the Susan Koman Breast Cancer Foundation
- ex-New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R)
- Kelly Craft, the U.S. ambassador to Canada
- Kay Hutchison, the U.S. ambassador to NATO