A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.
We’re Actually Laughing, Guys
After more than 24 hours of silence, Fox News hosts Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham finally addressed on their programs last night the panicked texts they’d sent to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows on Jan. 6 begging for Trump to do something about the Capitol attack.
- A totally unbothered Ingraham wants to know “what’s really going on” with committee vice chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) and “the diminutive media elves.”
- Hannity wants Cheney’s texts. “Let us look at your text messages,” he said.
- Ingraham, on the other hand, actually doesn’t “care to read any” of the committee members’ texts because “they’re all so aggressively boring.” In fact, “they’re the most boring people” and “so predictable,” the Fox host snickered.
- Later on her program, Ingraham denied ever downplaying the Jan. 6 insurrection … then went on to insist that the attack “was not an insurrection” and “to say anything different is beyond dishonest and ignores the fact of that day.”
- Hannity attacked the “sham” committee on his program and insisted that what he told Meadows on Jan. 6 was “the exact same thing” he said publicly on air that day. What Hannity ignored, though, was the fact that his texts fully contradicted his efforts to shift the blame from Trump to “agitators.” In fact, Hannity doubled down yesterday on the baseless claim that there were “people that had staged certain things” on Jan. 6.
Jan. 6 Panel Reveals More Shocking Meadows Texts As House Approves Criminal Referral
Before the House voted to pass the Jan. 6 committee’s referral for criminal contempt charges against Meadows to the Justice Department yesterday, the panel presented additional bombshell texts the ex-White House official had received. One came from an unidentified lawmaker on Nov. 4–before the election was even called–proposing an “AGGRESSIVE STRATEGY” for GOP-controlled state legislatures to throw out Biden electors.
Three GOP voters who live in The Villages, the giant MAGA retirement complex in central Florida, were recently arrested for allegedly trying to cast ballots in both the Sunshine state and out-of-state.
A Rick Perry Who Isn’t The Ex-Texas Guv Is Running For Texas Guv
There’s a guy in Texas named Ricky Lynn Perry who filed to run a primary challenge against Gov. Greg Abbott (R), and he wants his name to appear as Rick Perry on the ballot. Oh, and his filing was notarized by a supporter of one of Abbott’s other primary opponents.
Biden Marks Sandy Hook 9-Year Anniversary
The President honored of the victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting yesterday and called for legislative action against gun violence. The 20 kids who were killed in the massacre would’ve been in high school today.
Journo Reveals Some Meadows Jan. 6 Texts Came From Him
Jake Sherman, one of the co-founders of Punchbowl News and who was there during the Capitol insurrection, disclosed via Twitter yesterday that he had sent several of the frantic texts to Meadows that the House Jan. 6 select committee released earlier this week.
- Sherman tweeted a screenshot of the conversation showing he had begged Meadows to “do something” during the attack. Sherman said Meadows never responded to his plea.
- Sherman said he decided to reveal his conversation with the Trump official “out of transparency.”
Escaped Zebras Have Been Found
The two zebras that’ve been on the loose in Maryland for months were finally found yesterday (a third zebra that had escaped with them was found dead in September). The striped fugitives left their farm in Upper Marlboro, Maryland all the way back in late August.
Andrew Cuomo Ordered To Fork Over Millions From His Book
New York’s Joint Commission on Public Ethics on Tuesday ordered the disgraced former governor to forfeit all profits from his $5.1 million book deal, approval for which he had landed under false pretenses, the ethics board determined. Cuomo has 30 days to hand over the money he raked in.
Elon Musk Calls Warren ‘Senator Karen’ For Saying He Needs To Pay Taxes
SpaceX CEO and tax-dodger Elon Musk threw this embarrassing hissy fit yesterday after Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) tweeted that the billionaire ought to stop dodging taxes:
Do you like Morning Memo? Let us know!