A Nevada court has put a warrant out for rancher Cliven Bundy’s son Lance after he failed to appear at a court hearing, the Associated Press reported Monday.
The hearing and resulting warrant follow from Lance Bundy’s 2012 felony conviction on burglary and weapons charges, according to the AP.
Lance told the news agency he was aware of the warrant, issued July 8, and working with a counselor to comply. He had been scheduled to appear before a district court judge who is overseeing a drug diversion program in Clark County, Nevada.
Lance told the AP that he had a surgical operation to address nerve pain on the day of the hearing.
- Contributions allow us to hire more journalists
- Contributions allow us to provide free memberships to those who cannot afford them
- Contributions support independent, non-corporate journalism