Donald Trump will no longer be allowed to call into NBC’s signature Sunday news show “Meet The Press,” according to a Sunday report in The New York Times.
“Meet The Press” moderator Chuck Todd told the Times on Friday that the frontrunner will have to appear in-person.
From the Times:
On Friday, Chuck Todd, the moderator of “Meet the Press,” told me he had only grudgingly allowed Mr. Trump to call in to his show earlier in the campaign, determining that he would rather have Mr. Trump take questions via phone than not at all.
Now, Mr. Todd said, he will no longer allow Mr. Trump to do prescheduled interviews by phone on the NBC program.
In the same report, Chris Wallace, host of Fox News’ “Fox News Sunday,” defended his decision to not allow Trump to make call-in interviews on his program. Wallace said he thought a potential “ratings hit” would be “a line worth holding.”