House To Vote On Bonus Tax Today
The House of Representatives will vote today on a bill to tax bonuses of over $250,000 at financial institutions receiving bailout money, at a rate of 90 percent. Charlie Rangel explained to reporters: "We figured that the local and state governments would take care of the other 10 percent."
Read More →
Obama In California -- Will Appear On Jay Leno
President Obama is in California today, with a 1:30 p.m. ET tour of the Edison Electric Vehicle Technical Center Garage of the Future in Pomona, and a speech there at 1:45 p.m. ET. At 4:10 p.m. ET he will visit the Miguel Contreras Learning Center in Los Angeles, where he will be accompanied by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis. At 7:20 p.m. ET, he will tape an appearance on the Jay Leno show. And then tonight he will head back to Washington.