It hasn’t gotten much attention nationally, but on Monday a man and a woman in their 20s showed up at an entrance to one of the most important military bases in the country with a car full of guns and fraudulent military ID.
The pair was promptly arrested at a gate of Florida’s MacDill Air Force Base — which is home to U.S. Central Command, among other important units. But what they were intending to do is still not publicly known. Here’s a look at what we do know:* The military has [identified](http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gwjEuwTZB0VPn8bl7RziT-XTYRRwD9GC0V5O0) the two people as Micah Noel Goodier of Palm Beach, FL, and Christopher Kilburn. He is an AWOL Army specialist who was stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas, with Alpha Company, 1-16th 1st Infantry Division. It’s not clear when he went AWOL.
* Around 5 p.m. Monday, the pair drove up to what the AP [calls](http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gwjEuwTZB0VPn8bl7RziT-XTYRRwD9GC0V5O0) a “remote entrance” of the base in a Honda CRV and showed phony military identification to a guard, who asked them to get out of the vehicle. They did not resist arrest.
* Three handguns and three “rifle-style weapons” with ammo were found in the Honda, a MacDill official [said](http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/macdill-suspect-has-active-duty-awol-status-061510) Tuesday.
* The military has [said](http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jun/16/161211/soldier-fake-id-macdill-faced-forgery-charge-2005/news-breaking/) this incident is not related to terrorism but it has been mum on any details of what it is about.
* Kilburn’s father [tells Fox News](http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/16/serviceman-tried-entering-base-wanted-impress-girlfriend-father-says/) his son was trying to impress Goodier: “This is all just about a girl. There’s really nothing nefarious here about him trying to get on the base.”
* According to Culpeper, Virginia, court records, Kilburn was arrested in June 2005 and charged with forging a public record and unlawfully obtaining a DMV document. The offense date is listed as August, 2003. He pleaded guilty to misdemeanor obstruction of justice charges and got two years probation plus a one year suspended prison sentence. The exact nature of the case is not clear.
* Kilburn’s former sister-in-law, Jennifer Nelson Spitzer, [told](http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jun/16/161211/soldier-fake-id-macdill-faced-forgery-charge-2005/news-breaking/) the *Tampa Tribune* that he has been AWOL since at least April:
Spitzer said the last time she saw Kilburn was in March.
Spitzer said she had previously heard about Goodier, who was involved in a relationship with Kilburn. The two, said Spitzer, had been traveling together for a while.
The family, said Spitzer, found out Kilburn was AWOL sometime in April, when Kilburn’s base commander contacted the family in an attempt to find him.
* Kilburn is currently being held at the Orient Road Jail in Tampa. The military said in a press release Tuesday that Kilburn will be handed over to Army authorities and Goodier, a civilian, “will face charges pending a decision by the U.S. Attorney’s Office.”
* Here’s a local TV report from the scene from the Tampa Bay Fox affiliate:
*(This story has been updated since it was published.)*