They've got muck; we've got rakes. TPM Muckraker
* The bomb was made up of "three barbecue grill-sized propane tanks, two 5-gallon gasoline containers, store-bought fireworks and cheap alarm clocks attached to wires," the AP [reports](http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9FF15O00&show_article=1). There was also a heavy metal rifle cabinet packed with fertilizer, weighing 200 to 250 pounds in all according to police, who also say the fertilizer was *nonexplosive* grade.
* Police Commissioner Ray Kelly [said](http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/03/nyregion/03timessquare.html) that if it had gone off, the bomb "would have caused casualties, a significant fireball," according to the *New York Times*.
* The NYPD released about 20 seconds worth of surveillance video that shows a white man taking off an outer shirt or sweater and putting it in a bag about a half a block from where the SUV with the bomb was left Saturday.
* On Good Morning America Monday, Mayor Michael Bloomberg [said](http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100503/ap_on_re_us/us_times_square_car_bomb) of the man in the video, "maybe he had something to do with it but there's a very good chance that he did not. We're exploring a lot of leads."
* There are 82 police surveillance cameras in the area under review by authorities, who are also seeking to get footage from private cameras, the *Wall Street Journal* [reports](http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704608104575220603913685916.html?mod=WSJ_hps_LEFTTopStories).
* Police plan to release another video, taken by a tourist, in which the same man is seen running north on Broadway, Kelly [told](http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/03/new.york.car.bomb/?hpt=Sbin) CNN Monday morning.
* Police were able to find the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the engine block of the SUV -- even though it had been obliterated in at least one other place on the vehicle -- and thus identify the registered owner of the Pathfinder, *Newsweek* [reports](http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/declassified/archive/2010/05/02/cops-say-neither-license-plates-nor-vin-on-bomb-suv-were-reported-stolen.aspx). An unnamed law enforcement official told the magazine that the VIN was not reported stolen, nor was the Connecticut license plate -- registered with a different vehicle -- attached to the SUV.
* The plates on the SUV were traced to a truck at Kramer's Used Auto Parts in Stratford, CT. The junkyard's owner, Wayne LeBlanc, was visited by FBI agents late Saturday night. He [tells](http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/05/03/2010-05-03_plate_led_fbi_to_his_junkyard.html) the *Daily News* that the "truck had plates on it when it was brought in for repairs three weeks ago." And he [tells](http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/03/nyregion/03timessquare.html?hp=&pagewanted=all) the *Times* that agents took away a black Ford F-150.
* A Times Square vendor, Duane Jackson, who looked on the vehicle saw keys in the ignition with about 20 keys on a ring, the AP [reports](http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100502/ap_on_re_us/us_times_square_car_bomb).
* A Pakistani Taliban leader, Qari Hussain Mehsud, [claimed credit](http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2010/05/pakistani_taliban_cl.php) for the Times Square bombing in a YouTube video released over the weekend but since pulled down, the Long War Journal reported. But Police Commissioner Ray Kelly says there is "no evidence" to back the claim, Bloomberg [reports](http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601080&sid=aQCimhTDNzlQ).
* An unnamed Pakistani intelligence official [discounted](http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20003947-503543.html?tag=stack) the Taliban claim in an interview with CBS.
* Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano [said](http://www.politico.com/blogs/politicolive/0510/Napolitano_Times_Sq_car_bomb_potential_terrorist_attack.html?showall) Sunday morning on CNN that "[w]e are treating it as if it could be a potential terrorist attack." Watch: