They've got muck; we've got rakes. TPM Muckraker
Judge Victoria A Roberts ruled in U.S District Court in Michigan's eastern district that the Hutaree members don't present a flight risk, and that the government failed to prove that they present enough of a danger to the community to be held until trial.
"Due to the complexity of the case, and the number of defendants, defendants say they could be in jail for a long time, awaiting trial," Roberts wrote.
The defendants will be released under the following conditions, among others:
- They'll be confined to home detention with electronic monitoring and curfews.
- They must surrender licenses to carry or buy firearms.
- They'll be subject to drug testing.
- They can't drink alcohol.
- They must seek or maintain employment.
Here's the ruling:
Check out TPMmuckraker's full Hutaree coverage here.