Conway: FBI Probe Of Clinton Emails ‘Has Been Mishandled’ From Start

Donald Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway refused in a Sunday interview to accept FBI Director James Comey’s conclusion that newly discovered emails to and from Hillary Clinton did not change his agency’s conclusion not to recommend criminal charges against the former secretary of state.

“Is it safe to say from your standpoint that this issue is closed?” MSNBC host Steve Kornacki asked Conway.

“Some things haven’t changed at all,” Conway said.

She accused Clinton of lying about the lack of classified information in her emails, the number of devices that she used, and her handling of the information on her private server, before pivoting to attack Comey.

“I immediately thought he’s mishandled the investigation from the beginning and this proves it yet again,” Conway said. “Do you think that they went through hundreds of thousands of emails in a week? Because that may strike a lot of Americans as unusual. I don’t know if I’d have the capacity to do that.”

“Do you doubt this review was thorough?” Kornacki asked.

“I sure hope it was thorough,” Conway said, repeating that the investigation “has been mishandled from the beginning.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Esme Cribb is social media editor for TPM in New York City. She graduated from City College, where she was editor-in-chief of The Campus, and has previously interned and written for MSF and Contently. She can be found on Twitter @emquiry and reached by email at esme@talkingpointsmemo.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK