Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Says He’s Doing Fine In Phone Call To Family (VIDEO)

Dzhokar Tsarnaev, the Boston marathon bombing suspect, said he was eating well and doing fine in a military prison outside Boston in his first phone call to family since the event.

Zubeidat Tsarnaev, the suspect’s mother, recorded the phone call last week. She shared the tape, the first recording of Tsarnaev’s voice since the marathon bombing, with the U.K.’s Channel 4 News in an emotional interview on Monday. 

“They are giving me rice and chicken now, everything’s fine,” Tsarnaev told his mother.

“You are my life, you need to be strong,” his mother replied.

“Everything is good, please don’t say anything,” Tsarnaev asked.

Tsarnaev’s mother continues to assert her son’s innocence, suggesting that he was framed by police.

Watch: 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Catherine Thompson is a senior editor for Talking Points Memo in New York City. She came to the site in 2013 and reported on national affairs. Previously, she worked as a research assistant to investigative reporter Wayne Barrett. She can be reached at catherine@talkingpointsmemo.com.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK