Franken!

Views

Slowly but surely, the Minnesota recount is whittling away at Norm Coleman’s lead. With 46% of the ballots now recounted, Coleman’s initial certified lead of 215 has fallen to 136. There’s no real reason why the rate of change should remain at the same pace through the remaining 54% of the ballots. But the rate over the first couple days has them on track for something pretty close to a tie.

Remember too that there a few hundred disputed ballots that will be reviewed in December. So, there’s reason for some cautious optimism if you’re a Franken supporter. But this is still in ‘who knows’ territory.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK