Top ten innocent explanations for Arthur Andersen’s end-of-Enron document shredding party.
10. Arthur Andersen company simply making a quick transition to fabled “paperless” office.
9. Collateral damage in effort to destroy all circa-1998 George W. Bush ‘I wanna be president’ coloring books.
8. Enron kept books in pre-2002 European currencies now supplanted by the Euro.
7. Cool new portable paper-shredder from OfficeMax just too big a temptation.
6. Who doesn’t throw away receipts?
5. Documents mistaken for mail and disposed of in a fit of Anthrax-scare hysteria.
4. Compassion for over-worked, grunt congressional staffers who will be running the investigation.
3. Incinerated paper is surprisingly efficient new energy source!
2. Just a mistake. Thought they were records of Cheney Energy Taskforce.
1. Accountants just love doing time.